Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The bloody bifolds

The bloody doors!!!!

OMFG - I wish I had never decided to put bloody bi-fold doors in the sunroom. It had better look fantastic in the end or I will have a breakdown.
The bi-folds were meant to be DIY - well DIY to whom I don't know. It took the carpenters 3 days to put the *%$# things in.
I just kept telling myself that the end of the house had to be rebuilt anyway and it would have had to be leveled what ever when in. Didn't help though.
Especially knowing that it was costing $1 per minute to have 2 carpenters working on the repairs and replacement of the sunroom.
At one stage it looked like we were never going to be at lockup and we would be sitting on the couch watching TV with the cool night air ruffling our hair.
Everyday the builders would say - " we'll get it to lock-up today" and everyday they didn't..
In the end I wasn't even allowed to speak to them. Brad would go and talk to them and then he would come back to me and would have this look on his face -
"before you start" - and there would be another problem. Just about drove us both mad.

The main problem is our house if very old and there is very little that is level. Even after the stumpers had leveled the floor - something else would be out of
line and this would make 5 million other problems. At the moment I have cold sores and pimples - all from stress I reckon. OMFG - sometimes I would just want
to go to the bottom of the garden and scream!!!!!!

But as happens with all these sorts of things 2 things fix it. Time and MONEY - and this was the case here.

The builders rebuilt the end of the house, put in a floor, got the doors in and we could finally lock it up. Mind you there are no weatherboards on the outside - all that is between us and the elements is a bit of blue paper.. But the doors are in and they work and look good. HURRRRAAAAHHHHH..

All we need now is
move in
clean rosserdale
plaster
cornice
architraves
paint
more paint
more and more paint
tile
carpet
heating
new kitchen
new bathroom

blah, blah, blah

might need a big holiday at the end of this....

1 comment:

The BPc said...

what a nightmare with DIY bifolds! I had mine installed in under 3 hours by the company that measures and manufactures them. (sorry to rub it in)
To save anyone else the hassle, they are www.sunseekerdoors.com